Friday, November 9, 2007

Zingerman's

Zingerman's is a fancy food company based in Michigan that will make you look like a badass, if pretentious, gift giver come Christmas. I'm all
for the traditional Hickory Farms box o' nitrates (like my friend Mike
says, "If it don't give you heartburn, it ain't worth it"), but save
that for your Nana in Phoenix. Send Zingerman's to your foodie friends
in Portland so they can start introducing little Matilda and Mordechai
to the wonders of Quebecois goat butter.

I like the gift themed baskets, like the Weekender — two kinds of
brownies, a loaf of crusty bread, a jar of mustard, honey and preserves,
coffeecake and cheese.

But for the truly fun stuff you have to veer away from the gift
packages and into the really specialty foods. I've already picked out
Parker's present. Don't tell her, but it begins with "duck" and ends
with "fat."

www.zingermans.com

1 comment:

parker said...

Really? I'm so excited. I hope Ryan doesn't get his filthy paws on it before I do.